Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Little Girl Is Growing Up!!!



So, we decided, or rather I decided, it was time for Addison to move into a bed. Luckily we have the bed that I slept in as a toddler that my grandfather built for me. It is so cute and I think it is so neat that she will be sleeping in the same bed that I slept in and the fact that her greatgrandfather built it. Wes had to make some alterations to it, had to drill new holes in it because the other ones were so old and hallowed out. We also had to buy some plywood and 2 x 4's to brace it. I also couldn't find a duvet I liked, because I had it in my mind that I wanted a simple white with pink polka dots and could not find one anywhere, so I decided to make one. I went to the fabric store and of course couldn't find the fabric I wanted. Me and my mom went out shopping for it and we came across some sheets at TJ Maxx that were white with pink polka dots so my mom said we could make the duvet out of two sheets, so we did and it looks so great and is exactly what I had in my mind. After assembling everything we brought it into Addison's room and were going to put her in it tonight to see how she did. Well, after Wes finished tying her dressers to the wall it was naptime and Wes thought we should go for it. We put her down, left the room and turned on the monitor to see what she would do. I started hearing things so I went in and peeked and she was in her bed curled up under the covers reading books, so I left and let her be. 2 minutes later and she was out. She looked sooooo cute, I went in with the video camera which I will try to post later. Almost 3 hours later, thanks to Griffy meowing really loud at her door, she woke up! Wow, I can't believe she did soooo good and slept soooo long. My what a BIG girl!!!! Click here to see more pictures (you know I had to take a million pics of this historic event!).

0 comments: