Saturday, February 28, 2009

So far...

So, I began to have some "light" contraction on Thursday evening around 6, I thought I was just having some little cramps but then I was like whoa they are coming every 20-25 minutes!!!! I was excited because I thought it was all starting to happen and I was actually contracting. So, went to bed and I didn't sleep much, anticipating everything about to happen and a bit uncomfortable. So the contractions did get closer together about 10 minutes apart and at times were even 5-6 minutes apart. So I knew they weren't Braxton HIcks because they were continuing and getting closer, but not STRONGER (the KEY in this whole labor thing). Woke up Friday morning did a bit of cleaning because I really want my house perfect for when we come home, had breakfast and then Wes ran into work for about 2 hours and came home. We took a walk around the neighborhood hoping to get things a little stronger, of course to no avail!!!!! Hung out all day STILL having these annoying little contractions,about 7 minutes apart but not really that painful, kind of like really bad menstrual cramps, and NOTHING compared to Addison's contractions!!!! Then as the day progressed I was constantly feeling this pain really really low, almost a constant pressure, this freaked me out so I called Sandra (L & D Nurse and best friend) and she said to go ahead and call my doctor and go and get checked. So I called the on call Doctor and he said it couldn't hurt to come in and get looked at, so we did. I was terrified because I thought "Holy CRAP" I might have to have this baby now!!!!! Exciting but also terrifying, I mean I'm ready and all but when faced with it it got me a little scared!! Got all hooked up to the monitors, which proved I was contracting about every 4-6 minutes, and the nurse checked my cervix which of course was no further dilated then my previous doctors appointment, darn!!!!! So basically I am just in really early labor, which could go on for days, good thing is I AM contracting regularly and my cervix is extremely soft which she said was a very good sign. So we were sent home with instructions to come back if the contractions got much stronger or my water broke. So another 12 hours later and still nothing, same darn annoying, bothersome contractions and no water breakage, arggghhhhh! But, I think I am starting to lose my mucous plug (gross I know but a good sign that things are slowly very slowly moving in the right direction)! So I am off to my cousins bridal shower this afternoon and hoping that will get my mind of things and maybe tonight things will start moving a little faster, probably not but a girl can dream right? Here is a picture Wes took with my phone at the hospital last night and a picture of Addison when we dropped her off at Grammie's. She was so excited to almost be a big sister but I think way more excited about her suitcase!!!! So I will try and keep everyone updated as things progress and of course I will take a million photos so be prepared!!!!!!!



0 comments: