Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bye Bye Binkies

Ok, so today was the day we are saying goodbye to our precious binky. I know she is 2and I should have done it a lot longer BUT were doing it now so better late than never. We talked all about it last night that we were going to put all the binkies in a bag and take them next door to baby Asher because she was a baby and babies have binkies not 2 year old big girls. She was so excited and I even told her after we gave them to Asher we would go to Target and get a new toy, this was her favorite part! So when she woke up this morning the first things out of her mouth were, "Mommy we gonna take all my binkies to Asher and then go to Target and get a new toy!", so ok I guess we were ready! We packed them all up and headed over to Ashers. She was so excited to give them to her and she even said bye bye binkies when we left. We headed to the post office, the park, Target and Publix, she never mentioned them once. We came home and ate lunch and I said ok lets go take a nap. She grabbed her new baby (of course you KNOW that was the toy she picked out) and she walked right into her room and layed down. I thought holy crap she's amazing. Closed the door and 2 minutes later she started to cry, and cry, and cry, and cry!!!!! It broke my heart so after about 5 minutes I went in there and sat with her and talked to her about being a big girl. I told her it was ok to cry but that it would be alright and she would survive. So I left again and she cried again. I let it go a little longer, called my mom for a little reassurance (not much help there though-no sympathy for me but tons for her!) and went back in to a completely sobbing butt naked child! I had to laugh but again sat down with her, talked to her laid in bed and read a story and then I left again. She cried off and on for about 10-15 minutes and then QUIET and more QUIET-I think she fell asleep. It has now been about half an hour and she is asleep, not sure how long she will sleep but hey it's a step in the right direction. Tonight, on the other hand, is going to be ROUGH, I just know it because when I am tired and ready for bed I can get really lazy and really cranky so I hope all goes well. Wes will be playing softball late so I think that is a VERY VERY good thing because there is no way he could handle this. He would have given in for the nap 2 minutes into the crying! Hopefully she will have all the crying and screaming done and be asleep by the time he gets home!!! I think I liked potty training WAY better than this. I would rather clean up poopy pants and poop all over the HOUSE rather than listen to my babys heart break because she needs the only thing that has been her main comfort (other than her mommy and daddy) since we brought her home from the hospital!!!! I know it should only last a couple of days but let me tell ya it's ROUGH and my next child will be done with the binky by 6 months old!!!!!!!!!! So pray for me and PLEASE PLEASE pray for Wes because it will be the hardest on him because she is his baby girl and hearing her cry is the worst thing in the entire universe for him!!!! Wish us luck!!!

Here she is getting ready to take the bag of binkies over to Asher's house!!!

1 comments:

Leslie Griffen said...

Well I guess this won't help but I talked to a dentist and they said it doesn't matter what they suck on, it only matters when they get there big teeth in...you mean mommy!!! HAHAHA J/K about the mean mommy part, you are better then me, Talan has is blanket and he sucks his thumb, Noah has a binki and a blanket...AHHHH I will never be able to do it I don't think, props to you