Monday, March 16, 2009

1 Week Old


So my little guy is one week old and is doing great. Besides getting his blood drawn about 10 times for the jaundice, a circumcision and a tongue clipping, he's been a CHAMP!!!! He pretty much eats, sleeps and poops but I guess that's what all newborns do. He is nursing really good but we were having latching issues due to him being tongue tied so he was leaving his mommy in pain so we went today and had his little frenulum clipped so he is no longer "tongue-tied" and I think his latching is a little better, I think it will get better and better each time. It's really cute because he keeps sticking his tongue out like he's got this whole new appendage and is testing it all out. He is doing better sleeping at night but will only sleep in his swing, arggghhh!!! We keep trying the bassinet but he just prefers to cry there so the swing it is for now! Last night he slept from 1130 until 5am so that was pretty nice and tonight we will give the bassinet a go again. Big sister is still a little rough with him but we are working on it. Daddy is in love with his little "mini me" and loves to cuddle with him at night and it is so precious!! I'm doing great, I seriously can't believe I just had a kid a week ago, I feel like I never had a baby, CRAZY!!!! Anyways, hope everyone has a Happy St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!



0 comments: