Wednesday, August 20, 2008

NO MORE DIAPERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So, I've been a little reluctant to post this but my baby girl is out of diapers!!!! Last Friday she strpped down to her BARE essentials as she often does and came over to me and said " Mommy need panties NOW!!!" and so I said ok lets go get them and she picked them out and I explained to her that when she needs to go pee-pee or poo-poo that she needs to tell me and we will go to the big girl potty. Well, all day Friday she did just that and we had no accidnets, I was stunned and in complete disbelief. So, the next day was a very busy day in the afternoon so we had a pull up on BUT in the morning she peed first thing in the morning and then a couple minutes later she said she had to poo so we went and she did, wow I was so excited. Sunday morning she woke up completely dry and I asked her if she needed to potty and she said no so as I was cooking breakfast I heard her peeing on the floor, it was totally my fault because I should have taken her to the potty right when she woke up but oh well my bad. She did great the rest of the day but when she got out of the bath she peed in our bedroom, oh well. BUT, since Monday NO ACCIDENTS at all! Yesterday we went to Publix with panties on and peed before we left and when we got home: ALL DRY! Later that day we took her to my OB visit and in the waiting room she told me she needed to pee so I took her and she went! I just can't believe how well she is doing, now I know what it feels like to be proud of your child! I am sooooooo incredibly proud of her and you know what, it is SOOOOO nice not having to change diapers all day. The next step is nightime, she almost always wakes up wet so we'll have to work on that but Saturday and Sunday she woke up dry and Wes said she also did Monday morning when I went to work, so I guess that's a good thing. I am not rushing anything but I just can't believe how well she's doing. And let me tell ya, she has got the cutest little hinnie in the world in her big girl panties, I just love watching her run around in them!!!!! I guess this is good timing because we have plenty of time before the baby comes to perfect her potty skills and hopefully it's enough time that she won't regress when the baby comes but we'll see, I am just so proud!!!

1 comments:

Leslie Griffen said...

Good Job Addison, you beat Talan, he still pee's in his pull up sometimes!! Way to beat the boys!!!!